IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) currently reported Dec U.S. sales of 26,893 vehicles, representing a diminution of 6.5 percent contra Dec of final year. There were 26 offered days in December 2017, contra 27 a year prior. As such, on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis, a association posted a diminution of 2.9 percent.
The association also reported calendar year (CY) 2017 sum sales (combined swift and retail) today, totaling 289,470, down 2.8 percent, contra CY2016. There were 306 offered days in CY2017, contra 305 in CY2016; a full-year DSR represented a diminution of 3.1 percent.
Key Dec and CY2017 sales notes:
- As partial of Mazda’s brand value government strategy, MNAO continued to significantly revoke swift sales with 11,346 vehicles sole in CY2017. This series represents a diminution of 44.3 percent year-over-year (YOY).
- Backing swift numbers out of a sum vehicles sold, MNAO posted a 0.2 percent boost in retail-only sales for CY2017, with 278,124 vehicles sold.
- Mazda CX-5 posted record sales numbers in December, imprinting a best-ever month given initial going on sale in Feb of 2012. Posting a tenth best-ever month in CY2017, CX-5 accessible a YOY boost of 17.6 percent, with 14,097 vehicles sole in December.
- Following a introduction of a new 2017 Mazda CX-5 in March, a record 127,563 CX-5 vehicles were sole in CY2017; imprinting an boost of 13.7 percent YOY, and violence a prior best-ever sales year in CY2016.
- Sales of a seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 26.3 percent YOY, with 3,276 vehicles sole in a month of December. With 25,828 vehicles sole in CY2017, a CX-9 finished a year adult 60.9 percent.
- The Mazda MX-5 Miata finished Dec down 32.0 percent YOY, with 493 vehicles sold, while full-year sales of a two-seat roadster were 11,294, imprinting a YOY boost of 19.3 percent.
- As crossover car sales continue to browbeat a U.S. market, Mazda’s CX-line posted YOY sales growth, with CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9 posting an boost of 16.8 percent in December. The 3 crossover vehicles finished a year adult 15.6 percent, with 169,746 vehicles sole in CY2017.
- With most of a U.S. now in a winter months, Mazda’s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive complement – accessible as an choice on all Mazda crossover SUVs – continues a recognition among crossover SUV buyers, with 59.9 percent of buyers selecting a option.
- MNAO reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,858 vehicles in a month of December, imprinting an boost of 20.8 percent YOY. Full-year sales resulted in a record CPO year for MNAO, posting YOY sales expansion of 17.0 percent with 43,730 vehicles sold.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported Dec sales of 5,619 vehicles, down 16 percent contra Dec of final year. Total CY2017 sales for MMdM were 54,163 vehicles, representing a diminution of 1.0 percent when compared to CY2016.
Forward-looking announcements done by Mazda in 2017 focused on human-centric car growth and building a Mazda brand. Major announcements included:
- Next-generation engine technologies with SKYACTIV-X
- A long-term prophesy for future record development with Sustainable Zoom-Zoom 2030
- Next-generation KODO—Soul of Motion pattern prophesy by VISION COUPE
- A partnership for destiny collaboration to embody a new prolongation trickery in the United States, technologies for electric vehicles, growth of connected-car technologies and partnership on reserve technologies
- A new epoch for Mazda Motorsports by Mazda Team Joest
- A recommitment to a communities in that it does business by Mazda Drive for Good
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees a sales, marketing, tools and patron use support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico by scarcely 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For some-more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, greatfully revisit a online Mazda media core during InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
View strange calm with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mazda-reports-december-2017-and-full-year-2017-sales-300577049.html
SOURCE Mazda North American Operations