SILVER SPRING, MD — The ever appearing intensity for lease increases and anticipating an unit nearby Metro are some of a bigger hurdles in a DC area. A new research takes that into perspective, mapping out lease by Metro and lease changes from year to year.
Apartment hunt website RentHop gathered a interactive map of lease around a DC Metro system. The good news is, lease forsaken during 35 of 91 stops, compared to 19 final year. On average, lease for a one-bedroom unit rose 0.41 percent in a DC area.
The lowest lease for a one bedroom (under $1,400) can be found in Southeast DC and Prince George’s County, Md. The top lease (around $2,400) is mostly in a downtown DC area.
So how does Silver Spring smoke-stack up?
Rent nearby a Silver Spring Metro stop falls in a midst operation between a lowest one bedroom rents ($1,150 or less) and a top rents ($2,400 and up).
Median lease for a one-bedroom nearby a Silver Spring stop is $1,570, a 1.3 percent boost from final year.
A one-bedroom nearby a Forest Glen hire averages during $1,300, that is a 7.1 percent diminution given final year. Near a Glenmont station, a one-bedroom averages during $1,400, that is a 3.7 percent boost in a past year.
Here are a biggest increases in lease around a DC area:
- Suitland (Green Line) – $1,228, year to year change: +10.1 percent
- Ballston-MU (Orange/Silver Lines) – $1,900, year to year change: +8.7 percent
- Potomac Ave (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines) – $2,300, year to year change: +6.9 percent
- Greensboro (Silver Line) – $1,698, year to year change: +6.3 percent
- Foggy Bottom-GWU (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines) – $2,337, year to year change: +6.2 percent
- Cleveland Park (Red Line) – $2,000, year to year change: +6.0 percent
Here are a biggest decreases in rent:
- U St (Green/Yellow Lines) – $2,100, year to year change: -8.7 percent
- Forest Glen (Red Line) – $1,300, year to year change: -7.1 percent
- Court House (Orange/Silver Lines) – $1,875, year to year change: -6.7 percent
- Pentagon (Blue/Yellow Lines) – $2,002, year to year change: -5.8 percent
- Capitol South (Blue/Orange/Silver Lines) – $2,350, year to year change: -5.8 percent
- L’Enfant Plaza (Blue/Green/Orange/Silver/Yellow Lines) – $2,375, year to year change: -4.8 percent
(Photo by Patch Editor Emily Leayman)
Get a Silver Spring newsletter