Chevrolet Traverse sales increased in the United States and in Canada in January 2018.
Chevrolet Traverse Sales – Jan 2018 – United States
In a United States, Chevrolet Traverse deliveries totaled 11,627 units in Jan 2018, an boost of about 41 percent compared to 8,218 units sole in Jan 2017. The formula paint a model’s best-ever Jan sales performance.
Chevrolet Traverse Sales – Jan 2018 – Canada
In Canada, Chevrolet Traverse deliveries totaled 406 units in Jan 2018, an boost of about 62 percent compared to 250 units sole in Jan 2017. The formula paint a model’s best-ever Jan sales performance.
The GM Authority Take
Chevy Traverse sales performance outpaced its shred in Jan two-fold, putting it in third place in a segment, behind a Ford Explorer (see Ford Explorer sales) and Toyota Highlander though brazen of a Honda Pilot (by 8 units), Hyundai Santa Fe, Volkswagen Atlas (see VW Atlas sales), Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Durango (see Dodge Durango sales) and Mazda CX-9 (see Mazda CX-9 sales).
We should note that sales total for a Hyundai Santa Fe are rather misleading, since they embody a “regular” Santa Fe three-row full-size indication (which competes directly with a Traverse) and the Santa Fe Sport two-row midsize model, that is smaller and less costly than a Traverse.
- An all-new, rival model that represents an appealing altogether package
- Attractive incentives to pierce existent register units, generally those of a first-generation Traverse
- A continual change in consumers’ automobile shopping dynamics as automobile buyers continue to switching to crossover application vehicles (CUVs) and competition application vehicles (SUVs) from other automobile forms like sedans
Even so, a Traverse was not a fastest-growing automobile in its segment. In fact, sales of dual other models – a Honda Pilot and Mazda CX-9 – grew quicker than those of a Traverse. Growth of the Mazda is primarily caused by a rarely appealing all-new model, while Honda managed to boost prolongation outlay of a Pilot by dedicating some-more public resources to a Pilot.
Going forward, we design Traverse sales to continue solid or to increase, depending on a stream model’s performance in a marketplace, sales operations during a sell level, as good as the rival landscape, which is rarely swarming and will become even some-more rival with a introduction of new entrants, including a arriving Subaru Ascent three-row crossover.
Sales Numbers – Mainstream Full-Size Crossovers – Jan 2018 – United States
The mainstream full-size crossover segment grew 21 percent in January.
For informational and analogous purposes, we are also providing sales total for various models that overlie with the Traverse’s segment:
- GMC Acadia (see GMC Acadia sales), Kia Sorento, and Mitsubishi Outlander – which are midsize crossovers with 3 rows
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (see Jeep Grand Cherokee sales), that has dual rows of seating though is sole during a identical cost indicate to the Traverse and therefore overlaps a full-size crossover segment
- Ford Police Interceptor Utility (see Police Interceptor Utility sales), that is a military avocation various of a Ford Explorer and whose sales are not enclosed in a Explorer line item
Sales Numbers – Overlapping Crossover Sales – Jan 2018 – United States
About Chevrolet Traverse
The Chevrolet Traverse is a full-size crossover application automobile (CUV). It is a biggest Chevrolet crossover currently offered, slotting above a subcompact Chevrolet Trax and compact Chevrolet Equinox. It will also container above a much-rumored, future Chevrolet Blazer.
The stream indication was introduced for a 2018 model year and represents a second generation of the Traverse nameplate. It rides on a extended-length GM C1 platform shared with a second-generation Buick Enclave. A shorter various of a same height underpins a second-gen GMC Acadia and Cadillac XT5.
Compared to a first-generation predecessor, a second-gen Traverse is an all-new automobile that is larger, lighter, sleeker and some-more modern. It also introduces new trim levels, including High Country and RS – neither of that were benefaction on a first-generation model.
About The Numbers
- All percent change total compared to Chevrolet Traverse January 2017 sales
- In a United States, there were 25 offered days in Jan 2018 and 24 offered days in Jan 2017
- In Canada, there were 25 offered days in Jan 2018 and 24 offered days in Jan 2017
- Hyundai Santa Fe total embody “regular” Santa Fe three-row indication and Santa Fe Sport two-row variant, as a automaker does not mangle out a total for a dual models individually