Buick Cascada Sales – Mar 2018 – United States
In a United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 417 units in Mar 2018, a diminution of about 16 percent compared to 498 units sole in Mar 2017. The formula paint a lowest ever Mar sales opening for a compress convertible. By comparison, a indication accounted for 299 deliveries in Feb 2018, 202 in Jan 2018, 408 in Dec 2017, 312 deliveries in November, 350 in October, 284 in September, 364 units in Aug and 422 in July.
In a initial 3 months of a year, Cascada sales decreased about 36 percent to 918 units.
The GM Authority Take
Buick Cascada sales continue to fade, a circumstance that we charge to the following factors:
- The age of a stream model, quite in a in-vehicle record department.
- The intensity superfluity of a marketplace for non-luxury convertibles, a shred that includes a redesigned Mazda MX-5 Miata, Fiat 124 Spider and Audi A3 Convertible
- The ongoing shift in consumer purchase patterns that favors CUVs and SUVs over other car forms like sedans, coupes and convertibles
Even so, a further of a Cascada to a Buick lineup was meant to fill “white space” for Buick for a purpose of changing a brand’s perception and attracting new-to-brand customers. Figures expelled by Buick uncover that the Cascada has been successful in doing just that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada business being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue dwindling in a entrance months as prolonged as the crossover disturb persists, Buick doesn’t offer significantly appealing incentives, or refurbish it with new technologies.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for a 2016 indication year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a various of the GM Delta II platform shared with a Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For a 2018 indication year, a Cascada received three new extraneous colors, dual new automobile tip colors and stretched accessibility of a Dark Effects Package. For a 2019 indication year, The Cascada gets dual changes: a dismissal of the Carrageen Metallic extraneous tone and ability to get a Sport Red extraneous tone but removing the Dark Effects Package. In addition, a Light Neutral seats with Jet Black accents turn newly accessible with a Sport Red exterior color.
The Buick Cascada is built exclusively during the GM-Opel Gliwice, Poland factory operated by GM/Opel Europe, that is now operated by the PSA Groupe as a outcome of GM selling Opel and Vauxhall in 2017.
About The Numbers
- All percent change total compared to Buick Cascada March 2017 sales
- In a United States, there were 28 offered days in March 2018 and 27 offered days in March 2017
- In Canada, there were 27 offered days in Mar 2018 and 27 offered days in Mar 2017